Getting MEAN with Mongo, Express, Angular, and Node teaches readers how to develop web applications end-to-end using the MEAN stack. You'll systematically discover each technology in the MEAN stack as you build up an application one layer at a time, just as you'd do in a real project.Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
About the Book
Getting MEAN with Mongo, Express, Angular, and Node teaches you how to develop web applications using the MEAN stack. First, you'll create the skeleton of a static site in Express and Node, and then push it up to a live web server. Next, you'll add a MongoDB database and build an API before using Angular to handle data manipulation and application logic in the browser. Finally you'll add an authentication system to the application, using the whole stack. When you finish, you'll have all the skills you need to build a dynamic data-driven web application.
- Responsive web techniques
- Everything you need to get started with MEAN
- Best practices for efficiency and reusability
About the Reader
Readers should have some web development experience. This book is based on MongoDB 2, Express 4, Angular 1, and Node.js 4.
About the Author
Simon Holmes has been a full-stack developer since the late 1990s and runs Full Stack Training Ltd.
Table of Contents
- Introducing full-stack development
- Designing a MEAN stack architecture
- Creating and setting up a MEAN project
- Building a static site with Node and Express
- Building a data model with MongoDB and Mongoose
- Writing a REST API: Exposing the MongoDB database to the application
- Consuming a REST API: Using an API from inside Express
- Adding Angular components to an Express application
- Building a single-page application with Angular: Foundations
- Building an SPA with Angular: The next level
- Authenticating users, managing sessions, and securing APIs
PART 1 SETTING THE BASELINE
PART 2 BUILDING A NODE WEB APPLICATION
PART 3 ADDING A DYNAMIC FRONT END WITH ANGULAR
PART 4 MANAGING AUTHENTICATION AND USER SESSIONS
- Installing the stack
- Installing and preparing the supporting cast
- Dealing with all of the views