Million Dollar Websites is the book you read before initiating the creative and technical aspects of the website process.
Whether you have a million dollar budget, building your own, or somewhere in between, Million Dollar Websites is the definitive non-technical guide that reveals best practices of the web elite to help you get it right - the first time.
It is Time to Update the Definition of a Website
The website has historically been viewed as a technical fete, connecting pages and links. Author Rebecca Murtagh believes it is time to update the definition of the website to reflect the vital role it plays for businesses and brands in today's digital, social landscape.
The Website is NOT a Project
Despite good intentions, millions of websites emerge from the fatally-flawed gauntlet of project-dom unable to deliver results. Rather than a project, with a beginning and an end; the website must be a dynamic extension of the brand, able to adapt and respond to the competitive landscape, visitor expectations and business goals.
The Website is a Business Asset
As the ultimate destination for a business or brand, the website should support goals, deliver value, promote brand, interaction and conversion; one visitor at a time. It is imperative that the business take ownership of the website as the strategic asset it can, and should, be.
The High-Performance Website Never Begins With Design
A new website or re-design should never begin with design. Design is about solving problems. Designers, programmers, content writers, programmers and SEO's expect important decisions to be made before entering into the creative and mechanical execution of the website. This book walks you through the steps needed to be able articulate the information needed to enable your web team to deliver the optimum solution on time, on budget - making everyone a winner.
Planning a New Website or Website Redesign?
* Define and justify resources required to facilitate creation, optimization and ongoing management of the website, as a business asset.
* Gain unprecedented insight to best practices used by the web-elite.
* Communicate effectively with in-house, and external resources, without having to learn a new language.
* Build a better website, on ANY budget.
* The role of the C-Suite and stakeholders.
* Step-by-step guide to promoting brand, clicks and conversion to create customers for life.
* Why, how, and when, to SEO without putting your site at risk.
* Prevent costly mistakes; save time and money, with invaluable insight, tools and tips.
* How to choose the right website format, platform and team.
* How to define requirements and/or RFP to enable true "apples-to-apples" proposal comparisons.
* Save time, money and stress - use tools to eliminate 'unknowns' that typically impact timeline and budget.
Today's competitive digital landscape demands speed. There is no time to experiment or learn as you go. This book should be required reading for the C-level executive, business owner, webmaster, entrepreneur, designer, programmer, SEO, marketer, PR, sales, customer service professional, manager or student whose career is in any way connected to the creation, or performance, of the website.
Million Dollar Websites will forever change the way you look at the website - any website.
Even if you have been in the web business for years, or think your website is doing its job, you are sure to find invaluable nuggets of wisdom that will empower you to approach the website with the authority and confidence required to create a high-performing, quality website capable of delivering results today, and tomorrow.
Worksheets and other resources referenced throughout the book, and Google+ Hangouts with the author and guest experts are featured on the book website: milliondollarwebsite.tv