- Understand and use Vue’s reactivity system, data binding, and computed properties
- Create fluid transitions in your application with Vue’s built-in transition system
- Use Vuex and Webpack to build medium-to-large scale SPAs and enhance your development workflow
From basic to advanced recipes, this book arms you with practical solutions to common tasks when building an application using Vue. We start off by exploring the fundamentals of Vue.js: its reactivity system, data-binding syntax, and component-based architecture through practical examples.
After that, we delve into integrating Webpack and Babel to enhance your development workflow using single file components. Finally, we take an in-depth look at Vuex for state management and Vue Router to route in your single page applications, and integrate a variety of technologies ranging from Node.js to Electron, and Socket.io to Firebase and HorizonDB.
This book will provide you with the best practices as determined by the Vue.js community.
What you will learn
- Understand the fundamentals of Vue.js through numerous practical examples
- Piece together complex web interfaces using the Vue.js component system
- Use Webpack and Babel to enhance your development workflow
- Manage your application’s state using Vuex and see how to structure your projects according to best practices
- Seamlessly implement routing in your single page applications using Vue Router
- Find out how to use Vue.js with a variety of technologies such as Node.js, Electron, Socket.io, Firebase, and HorizonDB by building complete applications
About the Author
Andrea Passaglia was born in Genoa, in northern Italy. Interested about technology since his parents gave him a toy computer when he was a boy, he started studying web technologies at an early age. After obtaining his master's degree in computer engineering he worked on the design and implementation of web interfaces for companies of various sizes and in different industries (healthcare, fashion, tourism, and transport). In 2016 he moves in the silicon valley of Europe to tackle new problems in the banking industry at the Edgeverve Dublin Research and Development Labs. A backend technologist by trade, Vue.js is his first tool to bring to life his creations when it comes to the frontend. Andrea is married to a lovely Russian girl from Siberia and they often cook together mixing culinary traditions.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Vue.js
- Basic Vue.js Features
- Transitions and Animations
- All About Components
- Vue Communicates with the Internet
- Single Page Applications
- Unit Testing and End-to-End Testing
- Organize + Automate + Deploy = Webpack
- Advanced Vue.js – Directives, Plugins, and Render Functions
- Large Application Patterns with Vuex
- Integrating with Other Frameworks